Flyers are an excellent marketing tool to promote a club night or event. They are commonly used for student promotions throughout the country.
You want your flyers to travel all over town, only you’d probably prefer it wasn’t in the dustcart or stuck to the bottom of someone’s shoe. What steps can you take to avoid this?
Here are a few hints and tricks to help your flyers avoid the trash:
1. Don’t miss the boat before you start. Double-check local
Fresher’s week and 2005/06 term date with your local universities, as they vary nationwide.
2. Make sure there’s a reason for students to keep their flyers. Can you include a drinks’ promotion, discount or special offer in the copy?
3. Always include the key facts. Students need to know what,
when, why, how, and where. List all relevant info, such as prices, times, dates, venue or address, contact details, and your URL.
4. Always double check your spelling and grammar before you
go to print.
5. It may sound obvious but do a spot check on the reliability
of your delivery agents. You’ve got a great deal on print, don’t blow it with the distribution.
6. Remember to leave your flyers in the places where your target student hangs out, read Meet the students for some helpful placement ideas.
7. Strong visuals or topical humor help students to remember
your promotion. They may even stick your flyer on their bedroom wall; beats the Simon Cowell poster their mum bought them for Christmas.
8. Ask a few local students their opinion of your sample flyer
designs to see which one has the most market appeal.
9. Want to increase sales and profit? Handing out the flyer
yourself can maximize your budget. Your personal enthusiasm and a friendly face can work wonders.
10. Er, try not to stand near a bin.